Sunday 14 November 2010

KNOW THE SCORE!

Isn't it typical of football that just when I finish my retro Chelsea Football Club collage, today they go and get thrashed 3-0!!
Oh well, they are still top of the league so here it is...


It's part of an ongoing series of football collages, which have proved very popular so far. My best seller in fact!!

All plundered from my own archives, it features programmes, badges, team groups, match ticket, cigarette cards and even Top Trump cards, (remember those?!). Mostly from football's golden age, between the 1950s and 1980s, those far off pre-Premiership days seem long gone now. So Chelsea fans, wallow in the nostalgia of Ossie, Chopper and Bentley.

Today's Chelsea performance reminded me of a cartoon I found in a 1950s football annual.
Any football fan can relate to this terrible tale of the striker who can do anything but score...

No comments:

Post a Comment