Friday 16 August 2013

ARTPIX UPDATE!

Just a quick update on all things ArtPix........

Tomorrow I'm off to lovely Devon for a few days, lucky me!
Will get some proper fresh air there, and hopefully the weather stays nice as it can be a bit mad down there!

Follow that sign! Fantastic Victorian sign in Ilfracombe.

Have been busy this week though.....
Had a fantastic time at the A CRISIS OF BRILLIANCE exhibition at the Dulwich Picture Gallery.
It focuses on 6 British artists between 1908-1922 who changed art in this country forever.
Those featured, Paul Nash, CRW Nevinson, Stanley Spencer, Mark Gertler, Dora Carrington and David Bomberg all had amazingly varied styles, but all pushed British art into modernist territory for the first time.

For ages I've been a huge fan of Nash and Nevinson, chiefly through their stunning work throughout the First World War, so it was particularly moving to see some of their paintings and sketches close up.

Poster of the exhibition, you've still time to go!


The book of the exhibition, with an amazing Bomberg painting on the cover!


 Have started a new collage as well, this time it is inspired by Paris. Having realised I have quite a lot of items from the City of Light, I decided to try out a vintage based collage. I'll let you know when it's finished!

A 1930s souvenir photo of the Eiffel Tower, which is featuring in my latest collage!


Hopefully I'll finish my Paris collage in time for my next 2 fairs, the first of which will be on September 8th, for the MILITARY FUN DAY at the Mill Race Garden Centre near Colchester in Essex.


Then, it's the biggy.... the ANTIQUES, COLLECTORS, 20th CENTURY & ART DECO FAIR at Alexandra Palace on September 15th!


Bye for now and see you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment