Monday 11 January 2016

DORSET COLLAGE UNVEILED!

Here is a brand new bit of artwork, that I started last night and finished off today!

All made up of my own photographs I've taken around Dorset, including some only just taken this afternoon!



The centre piece is the stunning and mysterious St Catherine's Chapel at Abbotsbury. I've added some gargoyles and strange faces from churches around Dorset, while the background is made up of medieval tiles and the amazing sacred plane tree at the foot of the chapel, reputedly planted by monks some 300 years ago.

Not only is Dorset a fantastic place for inspiration, it can have a dark and foreboding edge to it, which is the element I wanted to capture in this collage. 

I'll also be finishing off another collage I started last year, featuring vintage items and photos I took in Prague. Watch this space....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment