Friday 13 October 2017

RETRO CLOBBER

Got something different to bung in my unit at The Customs House in West Bay, Dorset.
A few bits of retro clothes from the ArtPix Archives...

Here is a fantastic PRODIGY t-shirt!



Dating from 1997, around the time of their game-changing single Firestarter, this was when they propelled themselves into everybody's living rooms. Before that they'd still been a bit of an underground phenomenon, but now everyone had heard of Keith!!
Their live shows at that point were absolute dynamite, with old-skool ravers mixing with metal heads and now mainstream people. I think I bought this t-shirt at one of their Brixton Academy gigs in December that year, my memory is a little hazy of those nights, as you could imagine!!!!

I've got boxes and boxes of band t-shirts, including loads more Prodigy, as I've been to hundreds of gigs and was certainly no stranger to the merchandise stall! One day I'll sift through them and see if their are any more spare ones. Watch this space!!



Check out this iconic INTER MILAN shirt!



On the back it has 'RONALDO 9', no not that one, the Brazilian one!!



That would date this shirt at between 1997 – 2002, as they were the years he was at Inter.
Although injuries stifled his time there, he was still at the top of his game during this period, as his record of 59 goals in 99 games testifies.
He bagged the UEFA Cup in 1998 for the Italian giants and moved onto Real Madrid in 2002.



Here is a classic denim jacket!




In perfect condition, it dates from around the late 80s/early 90s, just when I was getting into Industrial and EBM music! So anything black was needed and this jacket was the perfect accompaniment to my much-loved KILLING JOKE leather jacket, which I also still have, but is definitely not for sale!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment